Primex Design & Fabrication is a performance leader in the design and fabrication of custom corrugated plastic and solid plastic sheet. We take pride in providing a broad range of custom packaging solutions that add value to our customers. Located in Richmond, Indiana, we serve a multitude of industries, including the automotive, industrial, electronics, material handling, print, and medical markets, to name a few. We are a subsidiary of Primex Plastics Corporation, a leader in the plastics extrusion industry.
We are recruiting for a Design/Packaging Engineer to join our Team. This full-time, day shift position will work with new and existing customers to design and develop custom packaging solutions and value-added applications for our expanding customer base. We are seeking a candidate who is professional, independent, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented, and who has a strong customer focus. The ideal candidate will also have a high level of motivation to learn, and continue to grow with the organization.
- 2+ years related experience, preferably in packaging development and design – experience in the plastics industry strongly desired *Please note – we are willing to consider a candidate who does not have this experience, but has the appropriate educational background
- Associate’s Degree in Design Technology or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience with ArtiosCAD, and/or SolidWorks preferred
- Superior customer service, communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, to manage multiple projects and meet critical project milestones in support of internal and external customers
- Proficiency in computer applications, including MS Office
Primex offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a salary commensurate with relevant experience, training and education, as well as a quarterly Gainsharing Program bonus opportunity.
Additionally, we offer a full coverage benefit plan which includes three medical plans to choose from, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, paid vacation/sick time, 11 paid holidays, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program, employee assistance program, 401(k) retirement savings Plan with competitive company match and more!
Please email a resume to SDavis@PrimexPlastics.com
PRIMEX Design and Fabrication
400 Industrial Parkway