Linden, VA, Jan 23, 2015 – The RPA is strengthening the charters and backing of its committees to deliver more benefits for members and increase its value to the reusables industry.
“Our committees play an important role in creating and executing tactics that educate and benefit the reusables community as a whole, and that strengthen the RPA’s leadership in the industry,” said Hillary Femal, RPA Chair and Vice President Global Marketing, IFCO Systems. “We are fortunate to have a broad membership that brings a lot of expertise and energy to the association. We’re excited to get more people involved in our committees and create new programs and value in 2015.”
The five RPA committees are: Education, Marketing and Communications, Membership, Industry Affairs and Standards, and End User Advisory Committee.
The committee’s charter is to strengthen RPA’s position as the recognized expert on reusable packaging solutions. The chair is Brian Burich, Manager, Customer Support Team – Americas at Schoeller Allibert. Key elements of the committee’s 2015 program include:
- Deliver strong value for attendees at the Reusable Packaging Forum April 27-28.
- Drive great content for the RPA’s Reusables Learning Center at 2015 PACK EXPO Las Vegas.
- Collaborate with academic institutions to increase awareness of reusable packaging.
- Identify and develop a core reusable packaging curriculum program.
Marketing and Communications
The committee is tasked with articulating and promoting the value of the RPA, its interests, and its programs. The chair is Lisa Nikkila, Senior Manager, Marketing at CHEP Container Solutions. Top initiatives for 2015 include:
- Increase visibility for the benefits of reusables through social and traditional media outlets, and the RPA website.
- Host RPA’s 4th Annual Excellence in Reusable Packaging Award Program.
- Launch the RPA’s new online “Connected Community”.
The committee’s charter is to strengthen membership and association resources. The chair is Samantha Goetz, Marketing Communications Manager, ORBIS Corporation. The committee’s objectives for 2015 include:
- Increase the number of supplier and end user members in the association.
- Implement the new RPA interactive membership directory that will help visitors to the website easily find companies that manufacture the product or provide the service that meets their specific needs.
- Increase member involvement in the association.
- Explore new opportunities for member networking events.
Industry Affairs and Standards
Members of this committee focus on promoting the value of reusables in the marketplace. The chair is Michael Ellis, Director Supply Chain Development, IFCO Systems. Key elements of the committee’s 2015 program include:
- Publish and promote the RPC Food Safety Guidelines.
- Assess the potential to partner with industry associations.
End User Advisory Committee
This committee provides guidance and feedback to the RPA on issues and trends effecting end users. The chair is Cindy Doman, Packaging Engineer at Herman Miller. The committee’s objectives for 2015 include:
- Provide end-user input on issues that most impact the adoption or refinement of reusable packaging systems.
- Make recommendations on programs and services that would benefit users of reusable/returnable packaging systems.
- Recruit new end user members.
About the RPA
The Reusable Packaging Association is a collaborative effort between manufacturers, poolers, distributors, retailers and educators to promote the environmental, safety, and economic benefits of reusable packaging. The RPA serves as the collective voice of the industry and uses its knowledge of the members’ products and services to advance the adoption of reusable packaging and systems throughout the supply chain. The RPA is focused on promoting the expansion of reusables as the preferred packaging solution across supply chains in all industries. For more information, visit http://www.reusables.org or call (540) 631-0773.